How to Sort Metadata in Planning Using ODI
To sort members in Planning Metadata using ODI Interface. This will be helpful in a typical case
where Metadata from an external source like oracle tables needed to be loaded into planning in an ascending or descending order.
To Sort the members while loading into planning we need to add an additional column in the
Planning Integration KM and the following steps can be used for the same.
1. Expand the Knowledge Modules under the project.
2. Go to the IKM for planning which is IKM SQL to Planning and expand it. Here is where we need to add a column.
3. Create a duplicate of the above IKM to add the additional field for sorting.
4. Right click the IKM and Insert an option.
5. Name the option as “ORDER_BY” and the type for the new option as value and click OK
6. Now a new option is added to this IKM SQL to Planning.
7. Go to the interface and to the flow tab select the new IKM created and click on the target.
8. The option ORDER_BY is displayed at the bottom of the target properties.
9. In the Option field give the value as ORDER BY 1 ASC, the number 1 is the column in the source which needs to be sorted. In this case we are sorting the column 1 of the source file to be
loaded to planning in an ascending order.
Below are the screenshots. (See the attachment)
Categories: | Hyperion Planning | ODI |
Print Page |Share Via »